We are recruiting for a strong, proven web developer with a wide range of skills.
Your role will be to help us grow by opening new doors and developing apps for the Shopify app store. To improve on our current offering by working on our themes to make them lighter, faster and more powerful. To crush bugs, document fixes and update docs & to get hands dirty handling some tier 2 support queries.
You will also play a vital part in the planning and building of new themes as we look to increase on our current range and attract new customers in more niche markets.
Customer service and support is key to what we do - It is imperative that you can communicate with a non technical end user in a professional and courteous manner, keeping in mind deadlines, time constraints and customer urgency.
You must also be able to present sound debugging skills and a passion for problem solving while balancing multiple tasks at once.
We are based in Orlando Fl, the position initially will be remote although living in a commutable distance of Orlando and surrounding areas would be preferred as we look to consolidate our team to a centralized office in the near future.
- Excellent knowledge of popular JS frameworks
- Strong understanding of Git and command line tools
- Solid experience with cross-device responsive web development techniques
- Strong knowledge of browser debugging tools like Chrome Dev tools / Firebug
- Vision to document issues & create self fix articles for customer knowledge base.
- Outstanding customer empathy with Excellent written and verbal skills
- High level of focus with the ability to balance multiple tasks at once
- Strong problem solving skills
- Passion for helping customers out of a jam sometimes without full recognition
- Able to work as part of a team or independently when needed.
- Receptive to direction and takes critique well.
- You can have fun while you work and still get the job done right.
- Experience in working with support ticket platforms like desk.com
- Knowledge of the Shopify platform would be preferred but not essential based on experience levels