Who we are
We build themes for Shopify, good ones at that. Our themes are used by the likes of LA Lakers, Dallas Mavericks, Kylie Cosmetics and serve as the base for thousands of designers and agencies for their projects. We offer unrivalled support levels and serve over 40,000 Shopify merchants in all corners of the globe. Our small remote team is spread across the USA and Canada and come from a variety of design and development backgrounds.
You are an expert in your field and have mastered all of the tools in your arsenal. You can deliver wireframes, usability story boards and finished e-commerce design projects with an emphasis on the best possible user experience. You have a good enough knowledge of HTML/CSS that you can quickly deliver prototypes using Codepen or similar tools to provide further explanations and examples of concepts.
We are seeking a UI/UX designer to dream up new design ideas, breaking from the "same old, same old" mold to create rich engaging designs that will be the future of our Shopify themes. Working closely with the development team you will work on new theme ideas, directions and workflows that will be used by thousands of online stores around the globe in any number of industries. On occasion you may also work directly with merchants to help setup their theme and offer design elements to complement their store branding.
Day to Day you will
- Dream up, plan, and implement new concepts for future themes
- Work on existing theme demos to improve visuals
- Assist merchants with theme setup
- Work with merchants on banner and other design elements
What we are looking for
- Solid HTML & CSS skillset
- Minimum 2 years demonstrable experience with cross-device responsive UX/UI design
- Fluent skills with Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong knowledge of presentation and collaboration tools like InVision
- Basic knowledge of browser debugging tools like Chrome Dev Tools/Firebug
- Great understanding and empathy for merchants
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- High level of focus with the ability to balance multiple tasks at once
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Able to work as part of a team or independently when needed
- Receptive to direction and takes critique well
- You can have fun while you work and still get the job done right
What we offer
- Competitive Base Salary
- Health & dental for you and your family
- 100% Remote position
- 3 Weeks of paid vacation + holidays at full pay
- Access, exposure & learning of advanced e-commerce methodologies
- Opportunity to grow with us
This position is open to U.S residents only.