We are Underground build themes and templates for ecommerce stores powered by Shopify, which have served tens of thousands of online stores across the globe. Our customers come from a variety of backgrounds and are a mixture of entrepreneurs, start-up retailers, agencies, designers and seasoned ecommerce businesses that span the widest variety of imaginable industries.
What we need:
You must present a great depth of experience in client management and have the ability to not only own but grow this position into a larger revenue stream. You will be extremely busy at all times so must be capable of working fast while juggling multiple projects.
Who you are:
You are a strong coder, adept in HTML & CSS with sound JS skills that allow you to manipulate, remove or build on what is already present.
With a solid & proven background as a freelancer or within a creative agency, you will leverage that experience when dealing directly with clients and your peers.
You have excellent knowledge of responsive design principles and can juggle multiple projects at once while demonstrating efficiency and understanding of client needs. The role will be split between code and design so a demonstrable ability to deliver on this will be essential to the role.
What we are looking for:
- Strong Shopify liquid code experience
- 2+ years full-time & demonstrable experience in responsive website development
- Fluent Adobe Creative Suite or core components
- Adept with browser debugging tools like Chrome Dev Tools/Firebug
- Strong client empathy and relationship management
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- High level of focus with the ability to balance multiple tasks at once
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Able to work as part of a team or independently when needed
- Receptive to direction and takes critique well
- You can have fun while you work and still get the job done right
- Desire for learning and self improvement
- Obsessive attention to detail
What we offer:
- Competitive base salary
- Health & dental insurance
- 100% remote wok
- 3 Weeks of Paid vacation + holidays at full pay
- Remote work culture
- Complete freedom to own your role without interference
- Career progression
- Access & exposure & learning of advanced e-commerce methodologies
- Opportunity to grow with us
While we appreciate all applicants we do see high volumes of interest in our roles and will only be able to reach out to those with the required skill levels.
This is a full time remote position open to U.S residents only.