Your Cyber 5 Calendar Starts With Grey Thursday, Not Black Friday.
Posted: Nov 11 2015 / Richard Bairstow / We are Underground
- Pick a collection or product group and make a big deal of it on social and mail subscribers.
- Run a competition to draw traffic. Make the prize good enough to cause some Buzz.
- Update your banners and navigation to draw your traffic to a simple landing page.
- Use custom tracked links so that you can see how effective your campaigns are over this period.
- Create a simple landing page with an obvious process for your customers: 'Sign up to our mailing list for a chance to win', 'Buy a thing from this collection for your chance to win a thing' etc.
- Have a sale! Make it worth it! Yes, you will take a hit on margins, but clear that old stock? Use the sale as a leader or an up-sell?
- Create bold banners. Use the Black Friday hype to your advantage. Tag everything you do #blackfriday #sale etc.
- Again, use those custom tracked links. You need this information for next year.
- Again, create simple destination pages or collections just for Black Friday. Promote them on social and any other sales channels that you have. Seriously, go wild today but stay focussed and on-brand.
- Promote three times as much as you would on a normal day. The signal-to-noise ratio will be rough out there.
- Do the same as yesterday!
- Add another element you can push and promote. Another competition that is really meaningful, but keep your Black Friday weekend messaging in tact throughout.
- Use a competition as a part of your Black Friday sale - 'Win a thing if you spend over X with us this weekend' etc.
- Rinse and repeat ANYTHING that has worked over the last three days!
- That is all.
- Go out with a bang! rejuvenate the weekend sale by adding new products only available at a low price today
- Create new banners, new links and evolve your campaigns by adding a hint of Christmas. Not Santa. Not yet :)
- Rinse and repeat anything that has worked so far and add it to your play-book. This is how we get better at running our shops.
Richard Bairstow is the founder and CEO of We are Underground and is recognised as a leading authority in the Shopify Theme marketplace with 5 of the best selling published themes within the Shopify theme store and over 20,000 active Shopify customers.